Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass….It’s about learning to dance in the rain.— Vivian Greene
Is it really sunny in Seattle? When we moved from Portland to Seattle, I wondered if the rumors that it rained “all the time” really were true. Over the many years of living here, my answer came in the persistent moss invading my garden and grass. I’m always tickled on Pinterest when I see people who pin ideas of how to grow moss in their garden. Just move to Seattle, I muse.
I grew up on the sunny side of the mountains. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been doing some form of creative art, winning awards, recognition and accolades along the way. My friends laugh (but are not shocked) when I say I have over 100,000
personal pictures on our home computer. My first job in college was working for a portrait studio and since then, my camera has rarely been out of my hand! (Because of this, we have 2 mirrored redundant servers 😳). I feel blessed to have a gift for creativity, a passion for preserving family memories and started my business over 5 years ago to share those talents.
I married the love of my life, Michael, who swept me off my feet. He is ridiculously romantic and unbelievably supportive of the endless props I just can't seem to live without (which often spill over into his office). We will always be seen holding hands when we walk (and even driving in the car) and I like to think how cute we’ll look as little old people, still sweetly in love. For all the beautiful things I create, my most treasured are my two children, Noah and Emily. The Lord has truly blessed me with my family.
Yes, it does rain (a lot) in Seattle, but I believe a sunny and happy attitude will shine in whatever the skies are doing outside. I’m looking forward to sharing that sunny disposition with you!
What else would you like to know?
Wow! You're still reading?? 😉 Ok, here are some fun facts to get to know me better. For the last point, all are true except for ONE. Can you guess which one?
- I have loved my Seahawks since I was 8 years old. I am a 12 – die hard! (Unless you are a die-hard Patriots fan, we'll get along just fine)
- I got my artistic gene from my dad and my love of home from mom.
- Creating a peaceful, warm and inviting home is a joy and I completely re-decorate my house 6 times a year (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, Halloween and Christmas). I have 16 Christmas trees at Christmas. It’s crazy fun….and fun to watch new guests try to find them all!
- My mom, sister and I have been doing floral design for weddings and events for over 20 years.
- I also spent 4 years creating and publishing a ~300 page family cookbook, which I cherish as a way of preserving those family meals and memories for generations to come.
- I’m only a snob with 2 things – avocados (favorite is Chilean) and candles.
- (WHICH ONE IS NOT TRUE?) I’ve swam with sharks, been on stage with Bon Jovi, my family has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I was crowned Miss Oregon and I’ve driven a NASCAR. I passionately love to garden and think pulling weeds is relaxing and fun. Best concert – Garth Brooks!
Photography is an art of observation. It has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.— Elliott Erwitt